Magpie Ducklings

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BlueLagoonRabbitry, Feb 21, 2009.

1. BlueLagoonRabbitry

BlueLagoonRabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I just bought 2 magpie ducklings and i am ordering more anyone have pictures of mature adults and also are they good at going broody.

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
  3. BlueLagoonRabbitry

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    Ill post pics of mine later

4. tileman@prodigBird Raiser

[email protected] Raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    What color are you talking about. I have blue magpies.

5. BlueLagoonRabbitry

Jan 17, 2009
    Western Iowa
    I dont know what color mine will be

6. taras.farm

taras.farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Eastern Ontario
    hi...i love em...got pics on my site...and yep they will brood their own...awesome quackers!
    Looking for more...I'm in canada though...if anyone hears of somebody near ontario...please let me know!
    Have fun!

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I have one hen ( Sharpie ) and she is one of my BEST mamas!! She hatched me out 16 ducklings in November -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some of her babies [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. taras.farm

taras.farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2009
    Eastern Ontario
    Sharpie has similar markings to my drake....Landart! (don't ask hubby named him)
    My first full year with magpies....and excited about adding new ducks to the flock.
    So are those pure magpies she brooded or muscovie/magpie mixes?....they look so light compared to your magpies. I;m expecting ducklins from mine soon.
    So excited the ones I just hatched 3 on thursday with my rouen eggs and they were awesome.....but quickly went to new homes today.... [​IMG]
    We love our ducks so much its' always a pleasure to hatch and raise new ones....Yes addicted to ducks too! Think I have duckling pics to post. Later...
    On a sidenote...how do your magpie eggs look as compared to rouens and pekins....are they narrower (like more slender and pointer end?) Just want to be sure I don't set too many pekin/magpie crosses.......they are great moms...but I want them to set more pure eggs rather than the pekin girls they live with!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by