Magpie ducks blue green spotting on beaks.

Nessaberg

Chirping
Apr 29, 2023
I have 2 magpie ducks about 6 weeks old. One is definitely a female and the other still in question sounds similar. Both are getting a blue green spotting or blotches on their bills. My only other duck that has this spotting is my female runner. I have read that the spotting is related to hormones in females. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their females.
We currently have 2 females, 3 drakes, and 2 in question because I am not convinced my one pekin is male, voice still all over the place and very noisy at 8 weeks, and 2 females on order.

My fawn and White Runner got green spotting on her bill also.
IMG_2950.jpeg

When it comes to Mallard ducks the olive green is usually the sign of a drake. All of mine that were males ended up this way and I have had more males by far than females. Mine are 10 weeks old now with a raspy voice and green bills so I know they must be males. The were foolers this time though because they all three had the more girly head. I was so hoping but have given up due to their voices.

When it comes to Mallard ducks the olive green is usually the sign of a drake. All of mine that were males ended up this way and I have had more males by far than females. Mine are 10 weeks old now with a raspy voice and green bills so I know they must be males. The were foolers this time though because they all three had the more girly head. I was so hoping but have given up due to their voices.
Meet the girls, well, four of them anyway! 😁
20230714_200229.jpg

I have 2 magpie ducks about 6 weeks old. One is definitely a female and the other still in question sounds similar. Both are getting a blue green spotting or blotches on their bills. My only other duck that has this spotting is my female runner. I have read that the spotting is related to hormones in females. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this in their females.
We currently have 2 females, 3 drakes, and 2 in question because I am not convinced my one pekin is male, voice still all over the place and very noisy at 8 weeks, and 2 females on order.
I have a female Pekin duck which started laying eggs September 8th. Yesterday I noticed some black dots on her bill just all random like. She looks like someone decided to dot her bill using a sharpie permanent marker. She's still laying fine, she's eating grooming swimming like normal.

Back
Top Bottom