Mahhhh. Now I want a frizzle!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixlittlechicks09, Jul 25, 2010.

1. sixlittlechicks09

sixlittlechicks09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Oh man. So I was browsing some chicken pages today (ha, I feel like a nerd) and saw a few pictures of the CUTEST little fluffs! So I started looking into it and realized I am in LOVE with Frizzle breeds! Haha maybe next spring? I suppose it's getting too late in the year for chicks now [​IMG] Anyone out there have frizzles they want to tell me about? [​IMG] Do they make for good chickens? Or are they a pain to have?

2. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    I have a couple frizzled Polish chicks, and a frizzled Cochin/Serama hen. They're the same as any other chicken, other than they can't fly high at all. This is actually somewhat helpful, as I have a few that like to clear the fence. Since mine are bantams I am going to give them a little extra heat in the winter.

I'm not sure what state you are in, but I would say you still have enough time to get them feathered out before fall if you want.

3. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

We have "cookie" a black mottled frizzle cochin! If there is one bird I could handle packing around its her. The feathers are beyond soft and her personality is docile like most cochins. We show her quite often and is a breeze on prepping for a show...She was Champion Bantam Hen at our County Fair this summer! Cant go wrong with Frizzle Cochins!

4. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

My little frizzle is the sweetest chicken I have out of 32!

I agree you could still get some this year ~ I think that there are some hatching eggs in the auction section right now! [​IMG]

My BJ...
    [​IMG]

5. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I LOVE my Frizzle Wendy...shes my favorite besides my silkies... [​IMG]

6. chica57

chica57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2009
    I wanted a frizzle too this year-couldn't seem to get any - unless I ordered 25 - I went to a show - no luck !!! But I ended up with 11 more chicks this year love them all but a frizzle keeps calling my name !!!!!![​IMG]

7. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    AHH! I WANT ONE SO BAD. Haha, Idk, honestly I want one, but that's it! Just one [​IMG] And I could probably get one feathered out by fall, but I have to go back to college August 28th [​IMG] [​IMG]:hit And I would feel terrible leaving a younger chick with my parents until break. They're already griping enough about having to go down and fill water buckets/ throw out some scratch because these chickens are "my endeavor"... I wonder if I could keep a chicken in my room... hmm... [​IMG] I doubt my sorority would appreciate that! Although I did try to convince our president having a Sigma Alpha Iota Chicken Coop would be a GREAT fundraiser... But she didn't go for it. [​IMG] I wonder if I got a chick that was a bit older though? Hmm... To the auction forum!!

8. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    There ARE frizzled Seramas, and they ARE the smallest breed, and many DO keep them inside.... Just, FYI.

(beware, I'm a chicken enabler)

9. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

10. sixlittlechicks09

Jul 8, 2010
    Wyalusing
    Haha well I had an illegal toad and gerbil in my room last year... I wonder how noisy a hen would be... [​IMG] I could just imagine my housemates "You heard clucking? It's my tv! I left it on RFDTV all day! What? You found an egg in the bathroom? Oh! I was just making breakfast and had to pee. Must have left it in there!" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by