Mahogany Faverolles

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlady4321, Aug 16, 2011.

1. chickenlady4321

chickenlady4321 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Looking to buy Mahogany Faverolles. Preferably live birds and not eggs. We have tried ordering from Sandhill preservation and have had horrible luck. We ordered some for April and they didnt get them and finally got an email from them 4 months later after trying to get in contact with them for months and they werent able to hatch any. In that order we also bought guineas and we still got them but they were very very sick and we have lost about 90% of the order. So now we are looking for other breeders of Mahogany Faverolles because we refuse to order from Sandhill ever again.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    In two different batches of Sandhill's Mah. Faverolles, never again! All of them died before they reached egg laying stage. We had a heck of a time trying to keep them alive and so did my friend who shared the order.

Just ask around in the Faverolles section and I am sure there would be a few that raises Mahogany colored ones.

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Good luck, I'll keep an eye out for you though. [​IMG] I've yet to see a TRUE Mahogany Faverolle in the US, honestly. Lots of people sell poorly colored Salmon Faverolles under false claim.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:[​IMG] The ones I know that had bred TRUE Mah Fav would be Dick, he used to have them.

5. chickenlady4321

chickenlady4321 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2011
    Thanks for the info! If anyone knows how to get in contact with dick I would very much appreciate it ^-^

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by