Mahonri.....I have a question only a dentist could answer. :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Apr 19, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I just have to ask this as I have wondered for years and am never really brave enough to ask my own dentist. [​IMG] I can't use nitrous oxide. They tried many years ago and instead of making the world a happy place I freaked out, panicked, and just KNEW they were trying to kill me. I broke equipment and even bit the dentist. OH MY!!! They finally got oxygen on me and got me calmed down. I am NOT a violent person...this was very scary and strange.

So, my question, have you seen this reaction? Am I alone? Everyone talks about how great it is!!!! I feel like a freak of nature or something!!! [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You are probably one in a hundred... or more.

I've only had one person freak out on Nitrous Oxide.

She knocked me on my butt!

When I finally caught up with her out in the parking lot, she asked me how she got out there.

We eventually became good enough friends that I hired her to tile our kitchen!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I had a kid on it this morning that just made us all laugh! When I finished her pulpotomy and two fillings I sat her up and she said, "Mom, I love my dentist!"

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] LOL....good to know I am not alone at least!!!! [​IMG]

That is too cute about the little girl. [​IMG] Having a dentist your kids feel comfortable with is sooooooooo important. Mine love theirs. I dread moving next year........I don't think they allow you to take your dentist/doctor/teachers when you move. [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You may not believe this but I have folks who have moved away who come back!

I have patients in Texas, Missouri, Tennessee, MAINE, California, Utah, Colorado, Illinois, Washington state and all over the state of Arizona. (for about 10 years I had some patients that lived in Unalakleet, AK... google earth that!, they came to see me every 6 months faithfully!)

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    WOW.....that says a LOT about what kind of dentist you are and you have a right to feel VERY proud. [​IMG]

Actually, I lived in Anchorage for about 4 1/2 years. While I have never been to Unalakleet, I have a pretty good idea of where it is. [​IMG]

6. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:[​IMG]:lau:lau

I am a nurse. I hear you! Made me spit my drink out! And brought back some memories....

7. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Yeah we still laugh about it, but it wasn't funny at the time.. .believe me!

8. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Oh no, not at all....

That brought back even more memories....

Adverse drug reactions are not funny at all while one is dealing with them, but they can make for good stories, even for the person who had the reaction.

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    do you happen to do oral surgery????

Ugghhh i waited too long to get a tooth pulled now im scared theres an infection. I go in on monday to see my "dentist" (dont even know him) and then they will refer me to an surgeon......

[​IMG]

10. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I do some surgery; if it doesn't look easy, I refer it out... but my assistant told me the other day that I should have been an oral surgeon... does that count?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by