Mahonri's NYD Late Bloomers thread

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by goochgirl, Jan 2, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Here we are! A thread for all of us with nothing, nada, zip, zilch.

So, I'll begin! I just looked in the bator. Six eggs just sitting there.. ma nish ta na...?

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I guess I don't belong in this thread because I had one hatch on the 31st just in time to win the first hatch after post #5500.. But nothing since. Well, I finally got a pip about 15 minutes ago.. So we shall see. I don't get it either. Temps and humidity have been perfect. This is the weirdest hatch I have EVER experienced. I had checked them when I got up this morning. A few hours later I grabbed my flashlight and was just about to pull the lid off and candle... That's when I noticed a pip... Wheeew!

3. goochgirl

May 2, 2010
    I know its my temp fluctuation. Every time I think I should turn it up, Its 101. Then I'll look and its 98.6; afraid I'll have fried chicken if I turn it up. I'm taking the kids out to spend their holiday gift cards and get away from the box. I'd say I hope something will happen while we are gone, but I'd just be setting myself up for disappointment again. Mazal Tov on your pip!

4. tennessee

tennessee Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2010
    Crossville
    I think I will join this thread. From the looks of it I may end up in a Non Bloomers thread. [​IMG]

5. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    Thank you! Maybe I need to get out of the house too. It may be a case of a watched egg never hatches, sort of thing..

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Hey, I still have one egg that hasn't pipped. can I join? [​IMG]

7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    I have a bunch of eggs I am holding out hope for. Here is my pic:
    [​IMG]

8. goochgirl

May 2, 2010
    I broke down and turned up my heat. I also put in a regular mercury thermometer, as long as I was turning up the heat. Digital temp (that I've been using all along) says 104. Mercury says 90. I think I've figured out why I don't have chicks! Thing is, they were still moving last night. I'm going to candle again when the sun goes down in 15 minutes. At least the shopping trip was successful.

9. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Hi evryone,
    2 piped when I got up this morning.....
    Not much action since......My humidity had dropped to 45........OK now
    I wore myself out ..little sleep fpr a few days and am still exsausted....
    Eggs looked good prior to lock down .about a dozen.but my temps always slip back to 99.5 in this LG.
    It is like it has a mind of it's own.
    I had recieved SLW'S and so hoped for them to hatch......
    Still a maybe.The wrapping was good.
    Cracked me up that it took 2 days to deliver the aggs I recieved from NY.
    Three for these eggs from a neighboring state...............
    Will chaeck in later............

Mohorni: Everytime I think about your winning first chick..it tickles me so I burst out in laughter.
    My family is concerned [​IMG]

10. goochgirl

May 2, 2010
    I just candled. All 6 have some movement in them. They aren't exactly dancing, but something moved that was not a result of my moving the egg. We waited for it to repeat so we knew it was not induced by turning. They all have clear veining. So, I guess I just still "sit" on my eggs and wait...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by