mail delevered to my truck!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by farrier!, Dec 8, 2009.

1. farrier!

farrier! Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    It seems I had eggs delivered Saturday. Too bad I did nt know about it!!!!!! [​IMG] Saturday, Monday and today the substitute mail carried place all our mail for those 3 days in my truck.
    My eggs froze!!
    No note, no car honk, nothing.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mylittlezoo

mylittlezoo Poppy Creek Farm

Mar 16, 2009
    GA
    Oh, you gotta love USPS. You have my greatest sympathy..... they scrambled $150 worth of eggs for me two weeks ago, and the people that sent them couldn't care less [​IMG]

I hope you manage to get more sent!

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Oh nooooooooooooooooooo .. that STINKS! I don't even know what to say .. yup, at a total loss for words .. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh my gosh! Totally unbelievable and unprofessional. I am so so so sorry for you and your eggs!

5. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Our mail carrier likes to do that to us too if there are any packages. That is if they cant open the door to the house [​IMG] then they leave it in the laundry room for the dogs to enjoy. But I don't think he will do that anymore ... he is scared of my Rottie! [​IMG] Wonder where they will show up now...

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    We don't get mail delivered, but the Fedex and UPS guys always leave our packages on the step in the garage.

If we don't see them driving up or leaving, we trip over the darn box on the way out to the garage! [​IMG]

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    farrier! :

It seems I had eggs delivered Saturday. Too bad I did nt know about it!!!!!! [​IMG] Saturday, Monday and today the substitute mail carried place all our mail for those 3 days in my truck.
    My eggs froze!!
    No note, no car honk, nothing.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is not an approved mail recepticle, I would talk to the supervisor about them paying for your eggs!​

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I've bragged before about my mail lady, no one home?? She brings it to the school for me! School closed, she takes it to my best friends house!

9. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I just had a similar problem and the PO could care less and the package was insured!

My fill in mail woman (not my regular awesome mail man) is so lazy that she leaves my packages in the steet. I have complained before with eggs left in the rain and hot sun. This time it was a package filled with gifts from a barter I did, I found it across the street, run over by cars seeral times with the contents desroyed and scattered everywhere. I took pics with my phone picked up what I could and went strait to the PO. It took a 1/2 hour to get a simple letter from the manager so I could send that to the person who sent the package so that they could begin the long process of getting the money back. This package was insured or it would not have even been an option. The manager of the PO said the woman would be lucky i she got the refund in a few months after proving the value (hard to do on hand made stuff) and even he said that the PO tries ery hard to make it as difficult as possible. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fustrating. I was told that the PO worker does this all the time and that she always gets away with it. [​IMG]

ETA what pisses me off the most about all this is that GOVERMENT employes are some of the only people not suffering in this economy, they have benifits, good pay, vacation, and good medical insurance, so do your DARN job cause there are a ton of people who would kill to be that lucky these days! But instead they walk around the po office moving at the pace of a slug and cant even bother to put mail in the mail box!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  10. Bizzybirdy

Bizzybirdy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    North of Nashville
    YIKES! How awful. [​IMG] I would raise lots of noise with UPS. I hate when they deliver bird food even here...just toss it on the ground, raining or not.

When I ordered chicks last year from McMurray they arrived on SUNDAY, Mother's Day but the Post Office called me early in the morning to come there to pick them up as it was very cold out. How nice was that??!! All arrived in perfect shape and loudly cheeping. [​IMG]

So sorry for your loss. This should never have happened.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by