mail order chicks where I don't have to buy 25??

opihiman911

Songster
14 Years
Mar 19, 2007
In addition to my eggeating girl, I recently had an illness go through mine and my neighbors flock. I lost half of my girls and am looking for replacements.
We normall get our chicks every other year at the local county fair, but that isn't till late September. Ann the places I found on the internet have a minimum 25 chicks to be mailed.
Does anyone know where I can just mail order 10 sexed brown egg layer? That is more thatn enough I can split them with my neighbor and we would both be happy.
Any suggestions would be great as I don't want to wait 6 months to get chicks, then another 4-5 for them to start laying.

Aloha,
Cory

Hi Cory, We searched for quite sometime with the different hatcheries but could not get a small amount sexed. We ended up getting 25 and culling.( not fun )
We also ordered from our local feed store. They combined our very small order withe one of their orders and it worked out great.

Good Luck

BigR

Try www.mypetchicken.com

We just ordered 5 bantams. They are THE ONLY ONES IN THE COUNTRY to sex bantams!!!! There was an additional charge, of course, but we are unable to cull down from an order of 25 and had no choice at all! The owner, Traci is awesome and answered a ton of questions. They are the only place we will EVER order from!

Good luck!

This is an old thread--started in 2007.

By now there are quite a few hatcheries that will ship less than 25 chicks, which is a pleasant change from the way it was that many years ago :)
I really should look at dates.. Oddly im just clicking the threads listed at the bottom of the page thinking they are all current

Back
Top Bottom