mail order chicks where I don't have to buy 25??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by opihiman911, Apr 15, 2007.

1. opihiman911

opihiman911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    In addition to my eggeating girl, I recently had an illness go through mine and my neighbors flock. I lost half of my girls and am looking for replacements.
    We normall get our chicks every other year at the local county fair, but that isn't till late September. Ann the places I found on the internet have a minimum 25 chicks to be mailed.
    Does anyone know where I can just mail order 10 sexed brown egg layer? That is more thatn enough I can split them with my neighbor and we would both be happy.
    Any suggestions would be great as I don't want to wait 6 months to get chicks, then another 4-5 for them to start laying.

Aloha,
    Cory

2. Redneckchick

Redneckchick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2007
    Coldwater , Ms
    Try mypetchicken.com
    Seems like they will do small orders

3. BigR

BigR Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2007
    Lake County Fl.
    Hi Cory, We searched for quite sometime with the different hatcheries but could not get a small amount sexed. We ended up getting 25 and culling.( not fun )
    We also ordered from our local feed store. They combined our very small order withe one of their orders and it worked out great.

Good Luck

BigR

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
  5. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
  6. arwmommy

arwmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    California
    Try www.mypetchicken.com

We just ordered 5 bantams. They are THE ONLY ONES IN THE COUNTRY to sex bantams!!!! There was an additional charge, of course, but we are unable to cull down from an order of 25 and had no choice at all! The owner, Traci is awesome and answered a ton of questions. They are the only place we will EVER order from!

Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by