maine chickenstock!! pictures of the event!!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by chickn, Jun 29, 2008.

1. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    ok, spook and others are close to finding a spot i think, i like the windsor or cant remember the other town, so lets start posting here and get something going,,,i will help. anyone??

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

Just can't get enough...maybe you'll get another "mistake" order?!!! [​IMG]

3. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I will. Windsor fairgrounds or Litchfield fair grounds. Agway in Farmingdale. or maybe Home Depot Augusta

4. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    spook said there is a tractor supply co in scarborough, i got the number to contact them, can everyone give me an idea of the drive for them to this location>?

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    an hour for me to scarborough.

ETA:
    If some people want one in So. Maine and some want one on Central Maine I am willing to put the Central Maine together.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  6. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted this on the Milford Chicken Stock page, but the TCS gentleman said that there are stores in Scarborough, Waterville and Bangor- I thought I'd pass that on, I personally like the idea of Augusta, Windsor and those areas as they are pretty local. I would be more then happy to help out!
    I don't believe there were that many "Mistakes" today in Milford, I guess one thing is, that food at these functions is not a big seller due to gas prices and its a luxury.
    I think (I think- run) that someone at the "door" should ask folks if they are a BYC memeber, so Name tags can be passed- I feel like I did not get to everyone, although I think I drummed up a lot of new comers to this site. A lot were excited to know there were others like us!
    A number of folks actually mentioned the "Craigs list" for finding the location and everyone of them were excited that they were there. Awsome job guys, awsome.
    You all have a great night, get some sleep and say ahhhh.
    [​IMG]

7. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I'll come with Soap again...if it is close to MIL in Tenants Harbor!! I'd LOVE to get a kick out of her FACE when we show up at her door with a BUNCH of chickens and soap! I'll keep checking this thread!! [​IMG]

8. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    that was one of the reasons i asked about how far for everyone, to get a feel for where people are at, and where a central location for everyone would be. i am willing to put together the southern maine one, but was hoping to combine if everyone is near one location, wondering where the maine people are located,lol

9. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I would be in if it were bangor/augusta or waterville! What do we need to do????????

10. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Chickn- that's the problem...Maine is too big for Chickenstock to be in a place that's a reasonable distance for everyone to drive to.

I can go either way, though, Augusta is as far for me as Scarborough or Farmington. Now Oxford Fairgrounds would be awesome for me, since it's only about 8 miles from my house...Unfortunately I've heard the owner has a bee up their butt...lol.

BTW TSC is supposed to building 3 new stores in Maine, Oxford, Bangor and Augusta Maine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by