maine- lots-o-chicks, mostly ameraucana, pick-up only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by klf73, Jun 23, 2010.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have a LOT of chicks that need to go. I got ameraucana eggs from many breeders, most are black and came from nice colored eggs. I seem to have a lot of cockerals(who doesn't [​IMG] ) and am only keeping one or two of them. I am also only keeping 2 or 3 pullets from each line, the rest will go with the bunch. Also included would be a bunch of andalusians, one black and some blues. I know 2 are pullets, not sure of the rest. I just don't want to deal with keeping them for more weeks to just give them away for free if they turn out to be roos. It doesn't bother me if someone wants to grow these up to eat them, just don't want them to be pet food. I would like them treated nice for the time they are alive.....first batch is about 8 weeks, second about 6 weeks, andalusians about 5 weeks

I am looking for someone to take them all for FREE!!!! but they must all go at once, probably at least 20 chicks..... pm me if interested

eta- I also have some black ameraucana chicks from Paul Smith, ordered 20, will pull my 5 hopefuls and let the rest go with these. They are about 6 weeks old too.....must take all [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    What's the total you are looking to find homes for? Would you part with just the Ameraucana?

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    hey Jen.....if you wanted just the ameraucana I would let you have them....where ya been?
    I just need to downsize asap....I don't know exactly how many. Let me band the ones I am keeping and count what's left....may take a couple days to get through them. I hate to mark any as definite roos yet as they are still young and each line has different combs (some more flat etc) and would hate for any pullets to get eaten, but some are definitely acting rooish, chest bumping. I don't care where the roos go, just don't tell me [​IMG] The ones I am keeping I am just hoping for the best and hope they end up being what I think they are. I am keeping one of the cockerals from sebrightmom, one from Jean and one from the Smiths. I am keeping 2 pullets from each breeder except for the Smiths, going to try to pick 4 or maybe 5, will make sure there are quite a few pullets left in there. I also need to change out their bands, did you want to know which breeder each bird came from or should I just take the bands off?

eta-the reason I am not keeping all the pullets is we have a maximum allowable amount of birds and I am there..... so [​IMG] just don't want you to think I am just pawning off all my extra roos....

4. falmouthgirls

falmouthgirls New Egg

Jun 25, 2010
    I would love some pullets. Americauna and others. Thanks.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:in order for them to be free they ALL need to go.....if I grow them up I am selling the pullets [​IMG] they are too young to accurately sex right now....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by