1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Maine Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Forest_Nymph, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Forest_Nymph

Forest_Nymph Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Hello fellow New Englanders! I'm looking for a new home for my pet silkie roosters. Price is negotiable. My poor pair of hens are being constantly bothered by so many roos. They are white, feather-footed silkies. Two have the beards and one is not. The oldest one is almost a year old and the other two are barely 6 months. Please, can anyone adopt them and give them a new home? They're very handsome!

Contact me if you're interested. Pictures avail upon request.

Thanks for your interest,

Sylvia

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    OOOO so tempting....but I also have enough roos as it is. Maybe try to place an ad in Uncle Henry's. I saw a few ads of people looking for Silkies recently. [​IMG]

3. Forest_Nymph

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Thanks Angie,

Pass the word around to your friends if you would please! I've now got a sign on my front lawn today... never know who may come by!

I checked with Uncle Henry's and the MaineChickenCharmers group too for possible homes. Perhaps on the 10th I will take my silkies and head up to the Oxford Fairgrounds where there will be a Poultry show and swap.

Sylvia

4. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Oxford Fairgrounds aren't that far from me...but I my daughters B-day party is being held that day. I've never heard of the MaineChickenCharmers, very interesting. Do you show your birds? I'd like to start showing. Do you know of any clubs in the Oxford hills/ Androscoggin county.

5. Forest_Nymph

Jan 11, 2007
    Maine
    Angie,
    I don't show my birds, but I love to see them at the shows and at the fairs. I first met/saw a silkie at the common ground fair in Unity and have been in love with them ever since! The shows seem too complicated and intense to me! lol I have yet to get that book about "standard of perfection for chickens". I'm not sure about any specific clubs nearby about raising silkies but i'm sure there must be clubs around somewhere.

I stumbed upon that yahoo group while I was searching for silkies for pets. I adore their personalities as well as their fluffy feather features.

Sylvia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by