MaineChickens Flock Meets Snow!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MaineChickens, Nov 22, 2008.

1. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks for e look at you girls. Nice group of hens.

3. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Those are some beautiful fluffy chickens! Thanks for sharing! [​IMG] It's so fun to see them running about in the snow.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  4. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:We're also having our first snow--- but mine haven't ventured out-- I keep watching from the window to see if they're playing, but so far nothing. It IS quite windy, so maybe later I can snap a few pictures of them-- if they ever leave the coop!

5. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Mine would only come out when I was out there. I kept looking to see if any were out in their run all morning- but once they heard me (aka...the treat lady), they came out.

I am not a big fan of winter, but it is always neat to see the first time an animal encounters snow.

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]

7. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Quote:I never did go out and give them treats or try to coax them out-- the wind was too much. DH said there wasn't a footprint in the snow in the run- so they never came out. I'll go and give them treats tomorrow so they can play in the scary fluffy white stuff!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by