1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Mainers..Do you live in Windham, Gorham, Gray or thereabouts?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lora C, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Lora C

Lora C Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Maine
    I need your opinions...My family and I might be moving to southern Maine and i am researching elementary schools. There is lots of information on the web about how the schools rank in test scores, etc. but i want to hear from the parents who send their kids to these schools. What school would you recommend? Which would you not? and why? To me, a strong academic program is a given, but just as important is the schools emphasis on the arts programs, physical education and even it's nutritional program in the lunch room. I would appreciate any advice, opinions or suggestions you can offer.

2. JenEric Farms

JenEric Farms GOOGLE GENIUS

Oct 31, 2007
    Maine
    I have family that attends the Windham school district and friends with children that are in the Gorham school district. I definitely recommend the Gorham school district. Windham seems to be putting more focus on athletics and less on the arts lately. Also, Windham seems a bit overcrowded.

3. Lora C

Lora C Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Maine
    Thanks - and it sounds like Gorham is building a new elementary school too?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by