Major duck injury scare, my eyes playing tricks on me! lol

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cat1994, Aug 19, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    So I went done to my duck house to give my lil flock some treats. I walked in and saw Angel first as she loves to come up and yell at me, telling me all that I missed while I was gone [​IMG] . I looked done at her once and then had to do a double tack, her bill was messed up, the front top part of her bill was all red [​IMG] ! From what I could tell it seemed that half of the top part of her bill had broken clean off and what I was seeing was her tongue! It looked all red and gross, needless to say I freaked out [​IMG] ! I snatched her up as fast as I could to exam her major injury and what did I find….. a piece of tomato from their last treat was stuck to the top half of her bill [​IMG] …….. so anyway I made a big fuss out if nothing and nearly had a heart attack over a messy duck bill. Lol so here I am breathing a big sigh of relief, listening to my dad scolding me [​IMG] once more for worrying my self sick so much about my animals that I imagine something is wrong with them….. maybe he is right lol all I know is that it really looked like it was blood [​IMG] … I’m just so happy she was ok Idk what I would do if something so horrid were to happen to my lil call duckies [​IMG] .

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I'm sorry but i had to laugh out loud when you said it was a tomato stuck to her bill, I am so glad it wasn't nothing serious, you had me scared.. Thats what mams do, worry about their kids [​IMG]

3. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    OMGoodness! I dont mean to sound rude but I laughed till I cried when I read it was a tomatoe! Lol! Im am very very glad she is okay, and understand the freaking out about things. I do the same thing. It was just really funny! [​IMG] I freaked out when my drake came back from the big pond with a limp. After I have read so many things about what can happen to ducks and if there feet are affected it will be really hard on them, and well he is my big beautiful boy. I didnt want anything to ever happen to him. Well needless to say i picked him up and checked him all over and I saw a little cut on his foot and at that second I thought I saw blood rushing out of it. So I went running to my mom screaming that there was something wrong with my drake. Well she looked at his foot and she was like thats not a cut. It was just a part of his foot that had craked you know how duck feet do. I dont know the right term for it. Like a callus maybe. Anyway just thought Id sare that to show you that you arent the only one that freaks out over nothing. Lol! When we love our animals so much any thought of something bad happening to them scares us. But, and I hate to say it, it is part of owning animals. There is always going to be dangers, and accidents. But I really am glad that she is okay! [​IMG]

4. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    They have no idea how often they can worry us. They're just bein' duckies. Better you become alarmed over a tomato skin than ignore a real emergency.

5. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    OMG!!! I was in tears up until I read the part about the tomato. WHEW!!! That was a close one. Glad that she is ok

6. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Lol I just kept laughing at myself and how I freaked out, my lil Angel just kept yelling at me while in my arms like nothing was happing at all it is almost like she was laughing at me also!

7. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    That would have been a perfect Kodak moment. [​IMG]

8. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Lol yeah I may need to cut back on the tomatoes as a treat for while

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Yea, especially if you don't want any more scares. [​IMG]

10. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Oh lol. This sounds like something I would do. Once I scared the dickens out of my sister screaming cause I thought I saw a strange bearded man in our attic...I had only caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror, leaning over with hair in my face, out of the corner of my eye...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by