Major Help Please!!! 25 out of 93 DEAD!

DENALI

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
We lost 25 of out of 93 cornish X's today. Just dead. No signs of problems this morning came home tonight and they were dead. I have heard of them dieing of heart attacks but not 25 on que all at once. They had plenty of water and plenty of food and it wasnt even a terrible hot day.

Last edited:
Sorry you lost so many. You are seeing what happens for seemingly no reason. I will only do those birds is the cool weather of fall - nippy nights and cool days.

How old are they?

Due to how they grow I would assume that they would be more sensitive to "stress" heart attacks. But I am not 100% sure about that.

yea...I'd think of your location = heat stress, and did something stress them to death = did you get a visitor as in dog/coon/cat/opossoum, etc, etc.

I lost one of my large roosters, but it had been hot, and the dog had been outside the pen barking at them. Have you maybe got a neighbor dog or a youngster barking or chasing them around any? It really doesn't take much sometimes....obviously. so sorry!
he.gif

Quote:
Holy BOBCAT Batman! I bet thats it! 2 days ago when we pulled up into the driveway (we have them at a friends house who we are splitting the meat birds with) we seen a bobcat sneaking around by the garage which is 30 yards or so away from the chicken pens (there is a heavily wooded creek 75 yards or so behind his place). I would bet my wifes paycheck that that bobcat came back today and was patrolling the pens looking for a way in!

Well we didnt lose a single one today and it was hotter and more humid. I will bet anything that that bobcat came around and scared them to death literally.

Back
Top Bottom