Major Screw UP! Help?

melanie

Songster
10 Years
Feb 16, 2009
Texas
I had a chicken hen setting guinea eggs. I got the eggs as soon as she went broody, as my chickens have done a good job raising guineas so far. At day 11, the hen left t he nest. I was getting ready to move her box into a pen because another hen was going in there laying, and I didn't want the eggs disturbed.

Now for the problem, I put the eggs in the incubator. Today, at day 22, I discovered I had not plugged in turner!!!!! I floated the eggs and saw some movement in about half of them. They went 10-11 days without turning. Is it possible for any of them to hatch? Thanks

I had a chicken hen setting guinea eggs. I got the eggs as soon as she went broody, as my chickens have done a good job raising guineas so far. At day 11, the hen left t he nest. I was getting ready to move her box into a pen because another hen was going in there laying, and I didn't want the eggs disturbed.

Now for the problem, I put the eggs in the incubator. Today, at day 22, I discovered I had not plugged in turner!!!!! I floated the eggs and saw some movement in about half of them. They went 10-11 days without turning. Is it possible for any of them to hatch? Thanks

Nothing to do now but wait and see... They are hardy little creatures, You may be surprised!! Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom