MAJOR Stink eye! (photo)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by fshinggrl, Dec 6, 2011.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Wouldn't you know.. I've had chickens for 3 years now, it's the coldest day of this winter and I think I have my first broody. It is Makaila. She is my barred rock. She has been laying for a couple months now and still lays a medium sized egg. [​IMG] But, I caught her laying in the next yesterday, late afternoon. She squatted so I was able to get the one egg that was under her out. Today, she is laying in the same nest. She did not squat for me this time and was in a constant clucking mode when I tried to look under her. I do not think she is laying on any eggs. (No golf balls either.) I got this picture of her. She doesn't look as flat as she really is in the photo I do not think, but look at that stink eye!
    [​IMG]

2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    here is one of my roos.....major stink eye!

3. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:"Jeez Mommmm! Can't you knock first! Gahhhwwwddd!"

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    Quote:"Jeez Mommmm! Can't you knock first! Gahhhwwwddd!"

I have a curtain over my nesting boxes, and when I peek under it, I get the most terrible grunts, honks and squawks. They are so funny!

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

6. Geckochick

Geckochick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    Cute pic! I have one who practically growls at me if she is in the nestboxes and I walk into the coop. This morning she was hiding 5 eggs under her tush (not all hers). I have told DH that we should let her have a go at a nest of eggs in the Spring. But, in the meantime, she growls.

Here is my best shot of stink eye-- "Who told you you could photograph me??? Get out of here!"

[​IMG]

7. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    My Sunshine is a fiesty one

[​IMG]

8. Ksane

Ksane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    I posted this on the stink-eye thread a long time ago. Our Marans boy when he was 2 days old with his "baby stink-eye". My oldest son says chickens freak him out because they don't have facial expressions like dogs. I beg to differ.
    [​IMG]

9. Nonny

Nonny Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    The phrase "madder than a wet hen" springs to mind...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  10. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Quote:This is great! Thanks for posting this [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by