Major Thumbs Up for Gabbard Farms! **UPDATE - Hatch with power outage!

CountryMom

Songster
11 Years
Jun 21, 2008
South Texas
Just wanted everyone to know that I got home this weekend to a box full of wonderful eggs I had ordered from Julie at Gabbard Farms. All very uniform and no packaging issues what so ever! She replaced some from a previous batch and has been a real pleasure to deal with. I am so excited to get some of her Speckled Sussex and SLW!

Big Thanks Julie!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I just wanted to update everyone on these eggs. I thought for sure we were a goner here. Had a power outage for about 2 hours during their 19th day. I wasn't home and had power just returned a few minutes before so I couldn't tell you the lowest temp. I am on day 23 and believe it or not I have TWO CHICKS! I didn't expect anything to hatch and I know all but one egg developed. I will wait a bit longer and see if anything decides to come late. I would say this is still a wonderful outcome for shipped eggs. Also must note that my dozen quail eggs in the bator at the same time did not survive the power outage. And quail eggs are hard to mess up from my experience.

Still very pleased with Julie's eggs!
celebrate.gif

I purchased 30 eggs from Julie in March & I too had a wonderful experience. Not 1 egg was broken & for a novice I'd had a pretty good hatch of more than half of them.... I had purposely ordered in excessive to what I wanted trying to counter breakage in shipping & my inexperience in hatching & I literally came to BYC tonight to get pricing ideas for the chicks I'll have in excess now.... I have 16 Speckled Sussex chicks that have some reallylovely coloring of their feathers. I still consider myself a novice to chickens & this breek is completely new to me too but boy they sure are pretty. I'm not sure how I'll ever decide how to let go of which ones??? I'm going to have to upload some pics to photobucket so people can see they sure are darlings & of course the Buff Orpingtons are too....

I would purchase from Julie again. I had to stop looking through her web site for fear of temping myself with even more...

ok here's some pics of the finished product.
smile.png

First pick is a couple days old And the 2nd pick is 3 wks. old.
smile.png

resizedchicks2.jpg

IMG_24092.jpg

Last edited:
I hadn't noticed this thread before but I bought 48 asst eggs from Julie in May for a June 18 hatch that all arrived great. It was a little later than I had planned on keeping the bator going because of the heat but I couldn't resist the urge. After 10th day candling I had to toss 8 but again, it is hot here and shipped eggs, you know. I hatched 38 chicks and the other 2 eggs were fairly developed. Beautiful chicks and I was quite pleased with the results. What do you think?
pop.gif
cool.png

Julie is hatching some speckled sussex eggs for me, she says they are pipping even now!! You guys she is so kind, and so smart! I've really enjoyed my interactions with her, and have read great things about her birds all over the boards. Can't wait to get DD's SS chicks!

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Julie ...... She is so nice to deal with and I have had wonderful results with her eggs....beautiful birds........she is honest & fair....... She genuinely wants you to succeed and have a great breeding program..... I am a Gabbard Farms customer for life......
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom