major trouble

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ameraucanacrazy, Nov 4, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    well i ordered 6 runner ducks from Nature's Hatchery and they shipped out the 2nd (Monday) this week and now it is the 4th and no ducks and to make it worse for this whole week the customer sevice is off so i cant call in the check on the ducks

help what can i do

and has this ever happened to any of yall

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Make sure your local post office knows you are expecting them and to call you when they get in.....Bring water to the po.....Go ahead and open them there and get that water to them.....They should be good if they arrive tomorrow.

Get your brooder all set up and warm for them and hopefully they'll arrive in the morning.

Praying for their safe travel.

3. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    thank you

4. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Good luck! How scary!

5. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Monday? Geez, its getting late, I can see why you are concerned. I just got some chicks the other day that were hatched on Wednesday and shipped that day and I got them on Friday afternoon around 4:00 pm and they, all 53 were perfectly fine, just very very thirsty and hungry.
    Its good advice to bring water to the post office with you so you can get them started in the car.
    I would definitely call the post office and give them a heads up, maybe they can check on them for you.
    Even without a tracking number they should know where each stop the mail takes and maybe they could possible call and see if there are ducks at one of those ports.
    Maybe you could drive down and get them quicker than if they brought them to you.
    How old were the ducks, were they hatched on Monday?
    I wish you and them the best and they are safe in their travels.

6. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    You need to find out where your distribution center is and call them. The ducklings probably arrived this morning after the truck to your post office left and they are just sitting there waiting until tomorrow.

If you call them, they are usually open 24-7 and you can go pick them up.

7. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Did they get there?? Were they okay??

8. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    no sign of the babies what should i do they r no where we cant track them the hatchery did not give us the tracking number

9. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you contact your local post office? They can still trace back their ports and have someone on the look out for a box of "live"ducks.
    You need to contact the distribution center like someone else said, right away! Its awfully late now I wouldn't hold out much hope, those poor things. So sad.

10. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    we have call and they havde told us that their is nothing they can do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by