Make me feel better- show me your eye-sore coopsadded pics-page 5

I understand building IS hard it really does take upper body strength, and the right tools, and experience is real good too . . . all of which I lack as well . . . even have the bum ankle! LOL.
Find a teenager or a kid on the block or a bum or someone like that to pull the pallets apart for you . . . It will get a whole lot easier after that!
OR put the pallets up as a frame then tack chip board over the sides you have a nice square box with clean sides, Home Depot will even cut the boards to your measurements. LOL I am down there every saturday with my list: "Yes sir I would like this 2X4 cut into one piece that is 36 1/2 ", and two that are 12 inches, etc . . ." good luck!

100_6269.jpg

More details on my BYC page
roll.png

OMG -- You broke apart pallets!!! That's very nearly next to impossible!! They are put together so as to NOT come apart. I bet you are still tired.

If I were to build a coop out of pallets I'd keep the pallets intact, stuff them with straw for insulation and sheet over the outside with plywood.

There are loads and loads of unsightly but servicable coops out there -- I'll bet yours does the job just fine. And I sure hope you chickies appreciate all your hard work.

Jenny

my coop and run both look like crap, but I do not think the chickens will mind. As long as I keep them water and feed. Money was tight so most was given to me. I will try to post some pics later!

Uh! Oh!

Were they suposed to be pretty!? Mine has too many gadets to look nice, but they make my life easy and a good home for the hens.
17397_threequarter.gif

Click the BYC link below for the whole story.

Ugly coops RULE! I thought coops were supposed to be ugly.
lol.png
Old mini barns and quarantined campers???? Isnt half the fun with building a coop is using salvaged materials and ingenuity?

I am still kicking myself in the butt for scrapping an old satellite dish, and that very day I saw a plan for building a satellite dish coop. It would have been extremely ugly, but so very cool!

I don't really have any pictures of my two main coops which consist of a 50 year old former turkey house and a metal oil field building, but this is what I use in my individual breeding pens. They are certainly not pretty or cute, but they work just fine. In some of my pens I use large dog houses.
63a8637a.jpg

Our coop right now is just a dog kennel with tarps on it. I have a shed that I will be working on in the near future that will be the coop and I'll use the kennel as a run but for now it works for us. We don't need to worry about adequate ventilation, we can move it when needed, and during the winter the heat lamps work just fine.
wink.png

33557_picture_137.jpg

Back
Top Bottom