Makeup help...Please!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by lockedhearts, Aug 3, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    We are going to Fl this weekend to attend my 30th High School Reunion. I am very excited but, I do not hardly ever wear makeup, I am fairly tan, but my face tends to be more reddish. I can't stand heavy makeup and I have tons of different stuff but most of it makes me look dead (too Pale) Any suggestions, experience, oh and would prefer inexpensive since I have a tight budget.
    I did pick up a nice bronzey color lip gloss at the local thrift store (lady who own sells Avon)
    My dress is a bronze/brown with dressy brown sandals, I plan to wear my pearls with it.

I am more round faced and hair is dark with seriously bonde highlights, eyes are hazel (leaning towards the blue side) I have long eyelashes, they are just not real thick and dark.

My hair is cut in longer layers and parts off center.

I am fairly tan all over, oh and the dress is strapless. I will be wearing the dress saturday night, friday night is a meet & greet which is casual and I likely will wear bermuda shorts or capris and sandals. Sunday is a farewell get together also casual and probably bermuda shorts. Also, since I do not live in a metropolis, my options are drug store, walmart or big lots (discount store)

Thanks in Advance!

2. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    With it being summer, you really can get away without wearing foundation. If you have problem areas, dab a little foundation just on those spots and blend really well! Do you have any bronzer? If so, since your face is already tan, a little of that on the cheekbones and temples will give a nice glow. The lip gloss you picked sounds good, and don't forget the mascara - I think that curled eyelashes and mascara really make a huge difference in brightening your look. Oh, and last but not least, fill in your eyebrows with a little eye pencil or even eyeshadow of approximately the same color - don't want to make them bigger, just enhanced. Remember you want to look like you - good luck and have fun!!!

3. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    I am posting a link to a youtube video. I subscribe to her and she is awesome!!! She does a lot of outlandish styles, but this is my FAV neutral look. She did it with Wet n' Wild makeup from Walmart. Awesome!

It has browns and I love the eyeshadow! I have blue-green eyes and I like the way it looks on me.
    She used the Vanity Eyeshadow collection from Wet n' Wild, which I think is around $3-4 depending where you live. I bought mine at Dollar General for about $2! It comes with 6 eyeshadows, 3 with no shimmer and 3 with shimmer for evening looks. So you get 2 looks for the price of one! In the same collection, Wn'W has 3 other eyeshadow palettes that are very pretty too. My other fave is Lust....yeah...

Have fun on your trip!!!!!

Warm Neutrals tutorial!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I do not have a bronzer, any suggestions for one? I can pick up an eyelash curler at the dollar store, so in the budget. I have been seeing commercials for all the new mascaras, would appreciate suggestions for one, not sure on eyeshadow either,my first inclination is to just do brown and off white, but would appreciate suggestions. The event saturday night is Semi-Formal, so I want to look my best.

5. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    Look on Line to get some ideas BUT remember less is more and don't try to look overdone.Definetly a eyelash curler with mascara(this is the whole thing) some lipgloss and blush(bronzer).Don't go heavy on the bronzer,the tip is to put it where the sun hits((forehead,nose and cheeks))If you are going to do eyeshadow DAY TIME-soft,sparkly but not too much NIGHT TIME-go for a little smoky color but again not to heavy.
    SOME STORES WILL DO FREE MAKEOVERS SO YOU MIGHT TRY THAT,USUALLY THE BIGGER DEPARTMENT STORES.
    PLEASE POST PICTURES AND JUST REMEMBER YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL DEEP DOWN:cool:

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I have kind of blotchy skin and love mineral makeup. I got it for about $12 at Walmart but it lasts a long time because I dont wear it often and doesnt go bad as fast as regular foundation. I get LOreal I think, comes with a brush on top. It covers well and you cant feel it at all.

7. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't know much about make-up.

Some of you may know by now that I've got a young daughter. She's
    an only child.

Me, I'm sort of like her guinea pig. Or as she calls me, her make-up dummy.
    I figure that's how little girls learn to do make-up, hair and such. She's taken
    lots of funny pictures of me looking a little odd. (I'm her father) Don' figure
    make-up can hurt me.

Wear my hair long just for that reason....that she can learn to braid, or different
    styles.

(Sometimes it's a really good thing that I work at home)

8. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Quote:This post is awesome! lol. not sure on make up.. as you can see.. i tend to over do it LOL

9. lacasitarojafarm

lacasitarojafarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Skagit Valley, WA
    If you are not good at makeup and have no one you know that is good that can do it for you for a special occasion go minimal. Put on face cream, let dry while you do your hair. Pick a neutral brown eyeshadow and apply it to your lower eyelid. Outline your eyes with a darker colored eyeliner. Put on your mascara, ensure you don't have any stray eyebrows (a good eyebrow/lip wax 2 days before is *crucial*) fill in your eyebrows with pencil or with a eyelid color that matches. Then, GO LOOK AT YOURSELF OUTSIDE or by a window IN THE SUN. [​IMG] Come back in and make any corrections neccesary, put light rosy/brown blusher on the apples of your cheeks and lightly on your chin and then a ROSY/neutral lip gloss. Neutrogena makes very good lip glosses that are natrual colored. Do not EVER, match makeup to your outfit unless you are very good at aplying it and know what you are doing. [​IMG]

Good Luck. PM me if you have questions.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  10. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:I think we need pictures. [​IMG] I would have love to have had a dad like you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by