Making a coop for our girls have some questions

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Ourfamily, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Ourfamily

Ourfamily Out Of The Brooder

Feb 23, 2015
    Quick questions can you paint inside the coop and if so what kind of paint did you use? Does anyone have a problem with their girls eating the paint off the walls? What color does your girls love, and do they have colors they don’t like? This is our 1st batch of girls and I want them very happy. Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. yellowchicks

yellowchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2014
    NJ
    My Coop
    Yes, you can paint inside of the coop, makes it easier for cleaning.
    I used low VOC acrylic exterior paint, satin finish. 1 coat of primer + 2 coats of color. The paint should be thoroughly dry and air out before you put the chickens in there.
    Our coop's interior is a coral color, can't tell if they like it or not but they don't peck at the paint.
    Ultimately, pick whatever colors YOU like. Chickens don't care as long as they have shelter, food and water.

3. Ourfamily

Feb 23, 2015
    Thank you, for your help just want my girls happy.

4. Ourfamily

Feb 23, 2015
    Another Question too when you paint inside,
    Another question, when you paint inside does it really help to keep the coop cleaner or not. I love the idea being easy to clean, I’m a clean freak lol I clean their temporary home every two days right now. They love having it clean.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by