Delete, OR Close MY Thread Please? (THREAD TAKEN THE WRONG WAY)

Do You Like The Idea of a New Gamefowl Breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Hello, everyone. Just thought of creating a new breed of Gamefowl, within a few years, as a Side Project, while working on the Emerald Dragon.

Breeds I have to Work with:

American Game crosses, & Malays.

I also have a couple, roosters who are supposed to be None Game "Breeds" that brawl constantly like Gamecocks.

An F1 Giant Silkie Cross rooster for my Giant Silkie Project, & an Easter Egger that has a Gamefowl Body type, & appearance.
They are all scruffy from all the fighting, just glad it has escalated beyond broken feathers.

What are some suggestions you'd give to help alittle bit?

I also have no clue on what to name it yet.

I can try think of a name depending on what it will look like. can you give a description on what it will look like?
If it is part silkie I'd call it Fluffy Game ( I know its bad)

I don't think it will be considered a gamefowl if it's not bred for doing gamefowl things. There is a breed called Liege Fighter, and the breeders are breeding them to fight hawks. I think it is not considered a gamefowl even though it was created using gamefowl.

I personally think that if you're looking to create a new game breed, you need straight games to do it. Like grab one of your games and breed it with a jungle fowl to keep the game true. Now, a big issue with all games are they were originally bred for fighting. So creating something of the same class... Now they're show birds only, and not being in the APA would in a way, make them kinda senseless. If you do want to get them into the APA, you would need other breeders helping you to prefect, and prove them to breed true. This all could be a lot of work. I do not oppose creating any new breeds, this above is just my thoughts. :p

Gamefowl breeds are generally known by and made famous by the breeder who bred the birds when they were doing good.
They are all crosses of various strains and most people who raise gamefowl have a handful if not more various crosses on their yards. This is very common and nothing new.
I suppose anyone can breed two birds together and call it a new strain but it’s doubtful anyone interested in gamefowl would care a whole lot.
I’d also forget about any nongame breeds being in the mix. I have never seen an EE body type even closely resemble a gamecock and broken feathers doesn’t equate to a brawl, dead chickens do. I’d stick with something easier to manage. Good luck!

I personally think that if you're looking to create a new game breed, you need straight games to do it. Like grab one of your games and breed it with a jungle fowl to keep the game true. Now, a big issue with all games are they were originally bred for fighting. So creating something of the same class... Now they're show birds only, and not being in the APA would in a way, make them kinda senseless. If you do want to get them into the APA, you would need other breeders helping you to prefect, and prove them to breed true. This all could be a lot of work. I do not oppose creating any new breeds, this above is just my thoughts. :p
The whole reason gamefowl are healthier and stronger is because they haven’t always been bred for some kind of BS standard. They’ve always been bred for ability, health etc…

I don't think it will be considered a gamefowl if it's not bred for doing gamefowl things. There is a breed called Liege Fighter, and the breeders are breeding them to fight hawks. I think it is not considered a gamefowl even though it was created using gamefowl.
It'll be a Gamefowl. It'll be bred for fighting.

Liege Fighters were bred for fighting, but are now more popular for Flock Protection, like the Malay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom