Delete, OR Close MY Thread Please? (THREAD TAKEN THE WRONG WAY)

Do You Like The Idea of a New Gamefowl Breed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being bred for fighting, doesn't mean we're going to use them for fighting. Liking, & keeping Gamefowl is a hobby for enthusiasts.
You are way out of your element. I suggest you take down your posts about breeding purposes and learn more about the laws. It’s illegal to breed for fighting. That admission alone can get you into trouble. Stick with the Easter eggers and silkies.
I know that’s not what your intention is but there’s a lot of weirdos out there that like to poke their nose where it doesn’t belong.

Is it even possible to create a new gamefowl breed in the present USA? You don't know which chickens to breed without seeing them in action, which is illegal. You don't have to reply if it will get you in trouble. Just use Like ❤️ for YES and Like 🙁 for NO.
Technically all the birds here already have names and mixes will just be crosses of said birds which is a common thing. Most people just refer to them as say a Mel Sims Black/Morgan whitehackle or refer to the bird as a black/whitehackle. The work has already been done from many many generations before us. Cheapening the whole thing by acting like your inventing some new strain is a little misleading. Sure people find the right mix for what they want regarding color, size, demeanor, ability etc… but all the new breeder is doing is putting a few birds together.
You want to make your own? Start with *real jungle fowl (not this crap everyone calls jungle fowl nowadays) and start from there. You’ll need a few thousand years to do it the way it’s been done already though. That’s the long way of reinventing the wheel or you could just give the original breeders there due and call them what they actually are.

You are way out of your element. I suggest you take down your posts about breeding purposes and learn more about the laws. It’s illegal to breed for fighting. That admission alone can get you into trouble. Stick with the Easter eggers and silkies.
I know that’s not what your intention is but there’s a lot of weirdos out there that like to poke their nose where it doesn’t belong.
If that's the case, then people should stop breeding Gamefowl.

If that's the case, then people should stop breeding Gamefowl.
I’m not gonna argue with you I’m just telling you the laws. Do some research. There’s nothing illegal about breeding or owning gamefowl. Saying you’re going to breed them for fighting is illegal and shows intent. You have a lot to learn. I suggest you read more and post less.

@oldhenlikesdogs, will you close this thread? People are taking this for the wrong reasons.
@TwoCrows

Or possibly delete it, because people are taking this for the wrong reasons.

I do not have any intent in cockfighting, but they're making it sound like I do.

Last edited:
The main purpose is supposed to be for Ornamental, not for literal fighting.
Wouldn’t it be better to stick with ornamental breeds then? I’m seriously wondering because you’d have to change your entire setup with any kind of aggressive breeds around. They won’t normally get along with guineas, say goodbye to loose roosters too. Hens will cause issues kicking the wire on pens and will tear up their feet almost as bad as the males. You’d have to have a completely foolproof setup to prevent issues. All of it equals a lot of money in changing things to suit these birds. If that’s your goal so be it but do it right or you’ll be posting continuously about tore up birds and asking what you can do to fix the problems.
Everyone who has owned gamefowl has made mistakes and paid dearly for it me included more times than I’d like to admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom