Making a rag rug.....the "tool' and how to do

2468Chickensrgr8

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
Ontario
I have never made a rag rug .. ..today I googled it and there was a video on how to make one(U tube) and I couldnt see the "tool" the woman was using ..to thread the cloth using a crochet method.....would anyone have a photo ? or give me an idea on what it looks like...or what I could use...Merci.....

Last edited:
No but thanks...it was more along the line of a darning needle but flat and wider....thanks again
HM? What would that tool be used for ??

It looks as if people like to make their own out of toothbrushes
smile.png
google Rag rug needle pics and you will see ones that folks have cut the brush end off of a cheap toothbrush... the kind with a hole in the end for hanging..... cut the cut off end to a point and sand smooth and you have a nice large needle for rug making
smile.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/waffles2005/3163278655/sizes/o/

Last edited:
they have hooks you can buy but my grandmother took a old toothbrush and carved a hook in the end and made the rag rug with that. looked like a big crochet hook.

A Rug Hook,

It is like a large crochet hook, usually with a wooden handle, and they have a closure over the open edge of the hook, so that it closes holding the fabric or wool in place.

I have one here but no picture sorry, I will try to find one.

They are good tools.

Jena.

Thanks so much for the information !!! I am going to go look at everyone's toothbrush now...hee hee !!
May ask some more questions later....

how about sharing the U tube link please...i always need one more thing to keep me busy!!

Quote:

Quote:

I am not so computer savy. ...yet....to add a link here ...I googled the web on how to make a rag rug and came apon a video of a woman making a rag rug...I am also interested in making one...
Just have to find how to start one off....Today i am going to check out more of the U Tube...

Back
Top Bottom