Making a Tough Decision, 3 Dogs up for Adoption.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lockedhearts, Mar 28, 2009.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Hubby and I have been struggling with this decision, I will cry my eyes out when the time comes for them to leave, but in the best interest of the dogs and our lives it must be done.
    We have 3 Males up for Adoption, there is no fee, I will ask and check references and a "Can't Keep" contract will have to be signed.
    These are our kids, but we just are not set up for 7 dogs. 2 of ours are older so we have made the decision that 3 must go.

Two are Jack Russell Terriers, one has papers, the other can be registered I just have not done it yet.

Comet aka Lockedhearts Streakin Comet, born 12-25-06. Tan & White 12" tall about 14lbs.
    Comet is probably the most difficult to let go, he is my buddy. He loves to travel and would be ideal in an adult household, possibly retired people that travel and could take him along. He will need some adjustment as he has only known us. He is scheduled to be neutered this next week.

Bernie, not registered yet but can be, born June 6 2008. Tri Color 11" tall 13lbs. Bernie is a real character, he loves to play and loves attention. He gets along great with other dogs. Would be great for kids. Scheduled to be neutered this next week.

Corky, German Shepard Mix, Born June 2008. Corky is a rescue, he has some oddities but nothing that requires medical or extra attention. Corky has male parts but is likely not a "real" boy 100%. My vet says he likely can't reproduce, he has parts but they are not complete (I can elaborate in a PM) He also has a crokscrew tail which is afixed to his body. He is very loveable, loves toys and other dogs and has learned to Shake. He needs someone that will pay attention to his issues and keep an eye on him, he should not require any special medical attention. Because of his likely hermaphrodite status he is not fixed.

If you want more information PM me. I will be very picky about where they go, I am willing to drive to meet someone for pickup.

Please do not get offended that I am asking for references, it is highly important to my husband and myself that these boys get forever homes and go to the best families possible.

2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Im sorry, I wish my brother loves Jack Russel terriers and always asks my mom when he see's them for sale if we would ever get one, plus their hyper dogs and someone with alot of land would be nice. Im sure you will find loving homes for all of them. Handicap animals sometimes go surprisingly fast, my grandma's cat had kittens one time and the embilical cord was wrapped around 2 different kittens legs and my dad did amputation and guess which cats were first to go when given away? The two three legged cats.

3. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    Don't apologize about the reference thing. I think references are better than cash for getting a good home. Several years ago I needed to rehome a stray we loved. I tried everything even craigslist. I got several responses they would even pick him up from as far as Canada. I could not get a sinle reference though. I think they were recruiters for labs.

Good luck

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Honestly, Comet is not Hyper, he does like to run, but he likes to sleep just as much. Bernie is a little more playful, but he is young. One thing our JR's are known for is being laid back. We have had lots of comments on our puppies about how laid back and easy going they are.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by