Making fun of my chicken's name! *FUNNY PIC!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Dec 18, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have a sweet 7 wk old Silkie/cochin X named Ebony.
    Lately, I have been making fun of her name by calling her "Ebenezer Scrooge".
    Think about it! Ebony, Ebony-zer, Ebenezer! (Sorry, i's kinda cheesy! [​IMG])
    If you don't know, Ebenezer Scrooge is from a movie. He is a grumpy old man who hates Christmas and likes to say "Ba Humbug!".
    This is what he looked like in an animated movie. (Be careful! I put it in link form because it's kinda creepy, so be ready before you click on the link! [​IMG])
    http://theslorg.com/theslorgsworld/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Ebenezer-Scrooge.jpg

But anyway, back to my little Ebony. I had so much fun with the name, I made up a quote to go with it! And then, I edited a pic of Ebony. Enjoy! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Well, My Rhode Island Red's name is BettyCrockadoodledoo. Betty for short, her name is derived from the non-existent woman on the Betty Crocker cook books. I named her when I was 10, and I was REALLY into cooking. I still love to cook now though. Betty and her sister Marquita are both going on 5 years old, and they sure look like old ladies. Betty is on the left. [​IMG]

3. lotzahenz

lotzahenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Awwww, that is just cute.

4. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    That Ebony probably won't even give you Christmas off from cleaning the coop!

And Betty and her friend look just like two old gals gossiping away. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  5. <3 N.C Chicken Chick <3

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2011
    Jacksonville N.C
    [​IMG] cute [​IMG]

6. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith &amp; Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks!
    Ebby is the sweetest and funniest little girl ever! [​IMG]

7. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:Yeah, her and sister are SUPER close to each other. I don't recall them ever getting into fights because of the pecking order. When they are out foraging when I let them out, they are always side by side. I think they show true chicken love for each other. I can't really believe that they are so old now. This year of molting was one of the ugliest for Marquita.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by