Making home made pasta and the dish it went into ** pictures**

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by willkatdawson, Jul 23, 2010.

1. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    With some help from my DD we made pasta noodles from scratch. Then we hung them to dry, and added sauteed chicken, portobello mushrooms, fresh garlic, olive oil and fresh grated parmesan cheese. It was a real hit. YUM!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Looks fantastic! Pasta is something I have never attempted. Was it difficult? How long did it take?

3. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Yum Yum Yum [​IMG] My son made homemade pasta once and it was to die for! What a delicious looking meal and a beautiful young lady [​IMG]

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

We've got the same pasta maker, and same "drying rack" too... but I am UBER jealous of that stove.

What a beautiful meal!

6. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    OK, now I am hungry, that looks delicious. Guess it's time to make some pasta.

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:Someone posted one time in a thread how to make pasta it was so easy....it was like some much flour to each egg? Hmmm....maybe someone will remember. I can't even remember who said it before.

Looks very good.

8. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    omg this is making me drool
    that looks amazing
    and your daugther is very beautiful

9. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Quote:You all are so sweet!! [​IMG] It was so easy. You don't need the pasta machine just follow the instructions at the end of the video. You already have the eggs, flour and oil, so there's no excuse not to have fresh home made pasta tonight!

You'll need
    2 1/3 cup AP Flour
    2 large eggs
    1 tsp salt
    1 Tbs olive oil
    1/3 cup water

follow the instructions on this video and you'll see just how easy it really is. Make sure to let the dough "rest", if you don't you'll roll it out and it will just spring right back. There is no need to dry the pasta, as a matter of fact I think it's best when it goes right in the boiling water right after being made. I dried it because I made it earlier in the day for dinner that night. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!!!!

BTW foodwishes.com, where I got the recipe has lots of other great recipes!!!!

10. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    Homemade pasta with portobellos and garlic involved!? Wow, I wanted to climb into the screen for even just a bite.

Looks like your DD is going to be great in the kitchen too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by