Making Manonnaise?

Mamachic1967

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2015
Has anyone ever tried making their own mayonnaise? Also if you have, did you preserve it in a way that it will keep for a long shelf life? I've searched recipes, but does anyone have a nice simple one made from scratch?

Thank you
UqwajJMq2BzSw92So0DOZEo6x49vpUMQF89lfgkZObPnxqMSGeScWbBoKfG1ePjq3_Yawv3pxZMdnxsKD3fuYWFKndP0uQEdvQ=s0-d-e1-ft

I use whole eggs to make a version of Duke's mayo.
No real recipe just 2 or more whole eggs (2 makes about a pint of mayo) beaten with salt & pepper, about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, about a tablespoon of cider vinegar & a dash of paprika.
Measurements for a pint of mayo.

I make it directly in the jar I store it in using a stick(immersion) blender.
Just blend until it is as thick as you like it - the sound of the blender changes as it thickens.
Keeps a month or more in the fridge.

Last edited:
No real recipe just 2 or more whole eggs (2 makes about a pint of mayo) beaten with salt & pepper, about a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice, about a tablespoon of cider vinegar & a dash of paprika.

Just blend until it is as thick as you like it - the sound of the blender changes as it thickens.

I thought that you needed to add oil to make mayo ...

D'OH!
Yes,of course.
Directions should include drizzling oil into the mixture as you blend. I use about 1 cup vegetable oil. Just add slowly until it emulsifies and thickens.

I make mine the same way but add a tiny dash of cayenne. Dukes has a little kick :) Best store bought mayo on the planet!

I use a similar recipe but also add a dash of garlic powder, just improves the flavor a bit more. Real simple to make though n nothing better than home made.

Back
Top Bottom