Making my donation this month

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vfem, Oct 17, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I made a decision this morning after a trip to church to pick up our food boxes we get help with... I wanted to do something this month. So, I gave the only thing I had to give:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More info and pictures on this are on my blog...

http://fromseed.blogspot.com

Anyone else donate? I'll probably do it again next year, if I ever get my hair that long again.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Good on you! Mine is about to go- as soon as I want to drive into the city. Did you donate it to Locks of Love?

4. Hi!
    Your new cut is so cute.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. Hi! Sally! I was thinking yours is about the length of mine but you both have 'naturally curly hair' and mine is 'board-straight'.
    I'd be glad to give mine to someone that can use it. Do they mind a few grays in there?
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hi Lisa! Mine used to be straight, it has gotten curly just in the last few years! Now it's moved on to frizzy. [​IMG] Hmmmmm.... I didn't notice any gray- but in chickens, it called blue anyway!

Locks of Love gets a bad rap sometimes because they sell the hair they can't use for kids or adults. I don't have a problem with that, it helps them keep going.

BTW Vfem, that is some gorgeous hair you have! Do you feel all light-headed now?

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I donate my hair every 3+ years. Basically whenever I get tired of it and want it cut. Last time I had it cut, I donated 16in. I haven't had it cut for about two years now and will probably go at least another two.

Good for you for doing it! Does your neck feel cold now? That was one thing I wasn't expecting last time I got it cut.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  8. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh yes, it went to locks for love... I had a choice between Pantene's Beautiful Lengths and L4L. I chose locks because they do give to MANY different reasons, some are free some are sold at an affordable amount... and some are sold as to afford other things the organizations needs to give.

This was my first time doing it, and first time my hair has been this short since Junior high school.

My neck is FREEZING! (And I feel like I've lost 10 lbs!)

9. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Yea! V!!! We were going to donate DD's hair, but it just didn't grow in well enough. It's thicker now, so maybe next time.

10. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I did that too this year [​IMG] Thanks for your donation [​IMG] I have two to three fam members that have benefited from LOL and i give whenever I can [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by