Making my own Showgirl Silkies?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by BlueBaby, Sep 9, 2019.

1. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

I have decided to try to make my own Showgirl silkies since I couldn't find any that were available. I know that it's going to be a long-termed project, and that I will have to keep breeding back to silkie's and try to get the type right, I was wondering if anyone else is trying to do this also. I have turned my black silkie rooster in with my naked necked hen's, and will wait until I see that the egg's are fertile. Then, I will try to do a hatch, and keep any black skinned pullet's with naked neck's to put back over a silkie roo.

If you have any other suggestion's for me in helping me to accomplish this, please let me know. Keep in mind that I am determined to make this my project bird.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Ok, I have a black silkie cockerel in with some of my NN hen's now. As soon as he figure's out which end of the hens need to be bred, I will be on my way to starting this project going.

3. DiYMama540

DiYMama540 Crowing

Jun 25, 2019
    SW VA
    My Coop
    :lau:yuckyuck

How's the project going? I've always admired the showgirls...following along on your adventure!

igorsMistress and BlueBaby like this.
  4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Onlu one of my hen's are laying right now, a NN/CCLB mix that lay's green egg's. The rest of my hen's are molting, and the 2 pullet's haven't started laying yet.

igorsMistress and DiYMama540 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: