Making my own Showgirl Silkies?

BlueBaby

Chick hatching addict.
8 Years
Mar 21, 2016
Someplace near Phoenix, Arizona
I have decided to try to make my own Showgirl silkies since I couldn't find any that were available. I know that it's going to be a long-termed project, and that I will have to keep breeding back to silkie's and try to get the type right, I was wondering if anyone else is trying to do this also. I have turned my black silkie rooster in with my naked necked hen's, and will wait until I see that the egg's are fertile. Then, I will try to do a hatch, and keep any black skinned pullet's with naked neck's to put back over a silkie roo.

If you have any other suggestion's for me in helping me to accomplish this, please let me know. Keep in mind that I am determined to make this my project bird.

I have decided to try to make my own Showgirl silkies since I couldn't find any that were available. I know that it's going to be a long-termed project, and that I will have to keep breeding back to silkie's and try to get the type right, I was wondering if anyone else is trying to do this also. I have turned my black silkie rooster in with my naked necked hen's, and will wait until I see that the egg's are fertile. Then, I will try to do a hatch, and keep any black skinned pullet's with naked neck's to put back over a silkie roo.

If you have any other suggestion's for me in helping me to accomplish this, please let me know. Keep in mind that I am determined to make this my project bird.
2 years later and I see them for sale all the time. I just bought 3 last week. How did your project go?

Back
Top Bottom