Making new colors out of these colors?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by poultrycrazy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. poultrycrazy

poultrycrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    :)
    I dont have these but know of someone who does and just out of curiousity was wondering if anybody new of any new colors that could me made out of these colors?

silver duck wing
    white
    bb red
    gold duckwing in normal, blue, and splash
    dun
    black
    dun silver duckwing
    lavender
    lavender cuckoo
    brown red
    blue silver duckwing
    blue
    splash

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Your Lavender, Dun, White, and Blue can offer you a very wide selection of options in colors to create from the rest of the list. . .

Isabel colored Duckwing, Dun Cuckoo, Dun and Khaki Duckwing, Red Pyle, Isabel Birchen, Dun Birchen/brown-red, Blue Copper, Splash Copper, Blue and Splash Cuckoo, Crele, Isabel-Crele, Dun Crele, I could go on. . .

Curious, you listed BBR separate from all your duckwing related colors. You do know that BBR is simply duckwing with both gold alleles, yes? Are you referring to Wheaten? I believe some breeders or even breeds consider Wheaten as BBR too. [​IMG]

If so there's also Lavener Wheaten, Dun and Khaki Wheaten, Silver Wheaten, Blue and Splash Wheaten, White Wheaten, . . .

3. poultrycrazy

Aug 25, 2010
    What is isabel? Do you have pics? I am definetly getting the dun, and probably some BBS and i really wanted the lav and lav cuckoo but i dont know if there will be any available, and i wanted the blue gold duckwing and maybe the silver and dun silver duckwing but i also wanted the blue silver duckwing [​IMG] How many of each color do you think i would need to start my own flocks and sell some later? For the BBS i am talking about sumatras so i really dont want to keep the black in with blue and splash right? cuz wont the blue and splash make the green sheen on the black go away when breed to blacks? And could i possibly keep the silver, blue silver and dun silver duckwing together and still get silver, blue sillver and dun silver duckwing offspring? UGH! i am so excited but so confused on what to get!

4. Henk69

Henk69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    You could make some dun breasted red = gold dun duckwing

One step further you could make khaki version of those.

You could also make the dun+blue=platinum version. These would throw black, dun, blue and platinum again when mated to black version. platinum to platinum would also throw good red pyle mimics on top of that!
    Plus you could make the platinums in one year.

5. poultrycrazy

Aug 25, 2010
    I was thinking about making platinum sumatras but do you think platinum would look good in phoenixes

6. Henk69

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    dun silver duckwing phoenix would look great.

7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Boggy Bottom Bantams has a Khaki Silver Duckwing phoenix pullet from Toni Marie Astin.

8. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Are Platinums Homo. for both Dun and Blue, Het for Dun and Blue, Het or one and Homo for the other, or does it even matter as long as they carry a least one copy of both ?

9. Henk69

Nov 29, 2008
    Groesbeek Netherlands
    Quote:Are Platinums Homo. for both Dun and Blue, Het for Dun and Blue, Het or one and Homo for the other, or does it even matter as long as they carry a least one copy of both ?

one of each, else too light (comparable to red pyle). That's why you can make them in one generation.

10. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    isabel is a lavender with like a cream color... it happens when a lavender gets some gold in it... like porcelains are lavender mille fleurs... i am gonna work with isabel everything... i have an isabel birchen roo, and a lavender isabela wheaton i'm pairing him up with...

have fun...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by