Due to an unforseen rise in my medical expenses this year I've had to revise my spring chick plans. My original plan was to add a second coop in March and order chicks in April, like I did before. Now it's clear that the earliest I can afford another coop is September, 2010. DH and I have come up with a plan to add some chickens and I'm thinking it will work. We've identified an small-ish unused area in my coop where we can install a wood and chicken wire section for the new additions. The plan is to order chicks for delivery in early May. We can brood the new chicks in DH's harley shed for the first week and then move them, their brooder and heat lamps to the screened porch. This worked well for us last time. Once they are off of their heat lamp, we can move them to the area we'll create in my current coop. They'll be with the vultures (aka brahmas) but seperate. Once the brahmas go out to free range each day I can take the chicks out to a "playpen" to enjoy the outdoors on nice days. By the time they are four, maybe five months old we should have their new coop ready. This plan means that I won't be able to order as many chicks as I wanted; maybe 10-12 instead of 30. It also means I'll have to wait on turkeys until after we have the second coop. Anyone see any flaws with this plan?