making the wife happy....

drunkdog

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2010
Everett
Ok suggestions please silkie or puffy and cute is a serious bonus and almost equally as important would be a calico type of coloring or striking colors/ variations in a small bird body that is relatively noobie tolerant ...give me more research ideas ?
big_smile.png

What are you asking? Are you looking for an idea for a certain type of bird to buy? Serama are nice, they come in all color, and really sound cute when they crow.

silkies are good this is my roo
38899_100_0686.jpg

here is a cochin they come in a wide variety of colors
38899_100_0677.jpg

wynadottes might also be a good choice. silkies and cochins are very tame, for the most part. samon favaroles might also be an option.

Quote:
x 4 And they are very good looking lawn ornaments.
love.gif

x5 as well....calico it is LOL!

Sometimes the Porcelain are good too but they are lighter in color. Or Splash colored.

What is your wife's favourite colour? Favourite breed of dog? Favourite flowers (in gardens)?

There are so many choices, and depending on whether she or you will have any interest in showing, you can consider non-standard varieties. Is this going to be a surprise? If not, let's all post some photos and you can have her select the kind of birds she wants.

blue partridge silkie:
20590_gage.jpg

calico silkie project birds:
20590_imgp0854.jpg

mottled project bird:
20590_imgp0831.jpg

blue partridge silkie:
20590_imgp1336--cropped_blue_partridge_pullet.jpg

silkies:
20590_imgp0043--cropped.jpg

true bantam silver duckwing araucana (and the friendliest/sweetest bird on the planet):
20590_imgp1386--cropped--harmony.jpg

sizzle (I have some colourful ones, but no photos):
20590_sizzle_pullet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom