~MALAYSIAN SERAMA THREAD~ (PICS!!!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Poulets De Cajun, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

I just got home with 5 baby Serama chicks. They are all about 2 weeks old, and are smaller than newly hatched Silkies. I am AMAZED at how small the babies are. A few of them are a little larger, but there are two that are itty bitty tee tiny....

I searched the archives and didn't find a dedicated Serama thread for pictures, so I thought I would start one. I've seen hundreds of photos online, and I'd like to see BYC members birds.

I truly still can't believe how small these chicks are!

Here are my chicks.... The Silkies are the same age, 2 weeks, and they are SCARED of the Seramas!!!

[​IMG]

Look at the Itty Bitty Tee Tiny one standing next to the Silkie! (I think thats going to be her/his name.... Itty Bitty!)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  2. Solace

Solace Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2008
    Rutherford County, NC
    Here are a few of mine. I have around 60 now with 32 eggs in the incubator along with 34 button quail eggs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my favorite... Nap Time!
    [​IMG]

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Awesome! My little chicks look like they are barred, but are tan/black instead of white/black. What color are they supposed to be?

Is there any color in Seramas that breed true? Of all the pictures that I have seen, I dont know that I've ever seen two that look alike. Except for the blacks and whites.

4. DutchChic

DutchChic Chick Charmer

Jun 4, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Oh man...how cute! I've wanted some Seramas for a long time now....wonder how eggs stand up to shipping....

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    There is no definitive color for Malaysian Serama. They come in all color combinations. They don't have color classes in Malaysia. Many breeders are trying to establish color lines, starting with blacks and whites, but I don't think there's any pure lines yet. They're not even an official breed yet, but still a landrace.

I couldn't get over how teeny the babies are, either. They're as small or smaller than OEGB babies. The eggs are tiny, too. It's amazing to see a fully developed chick emerge from something that small.

6. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    I am going to take more pictures tomorrow hopefully, I had 7 but lost a roo so I am down to 6 and a chick that is now a week old.

~Elvis
    [​IMG]

~Queeny
    [​IMG]

~Bo and other banties
    [​IMG]

~Rose
    [​IMG]

I cant wait to take pictures of our chick and post it on here!!

7. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    I use to have a lot of them, but now not so many. I moved and had to sell off most of my birds. But I kept some!!
    Here are some I have now. Goldie and Baby Sarge hached their first clutch ever this year. They are 7 years old, so it was amazing that Goldie finally decided to sit. They have 7 babies. All the eggs she had hatched.

[​IMG]

This is Sweety Pie. He is one of a few I hatched last eyar in the incubator. All the others were killed by a weasel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and his daddy, Baby Sarge:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And momma, Goldie:
    [​IMG]

Some past Seramas:
    [​IMG]
    This boy was BEAUTIFUL! He was a 'B', but my favoriate one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. ThiefPouter06

ThiefPouter06 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    green co. KY
    Do seramas need heated in the winter?

9. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I just got some seramas from a fellow BYC member today. I will get some pics tomorrow for yah!

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG]

bantam leghorns, bantam buff Orpington and Seramas (all 2 weeks old)

[​IMG]

Leon next to a restaraunt grape jelly packet (2 weeks)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by