Male Buff Orpington Duck looking for a good home!!!

ErinLC

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 16, 2014
Hello all,

I have a male Buff Orpington duck that I am looking to place in a good home. He is a very sweet boy. We have moved to a new house and no longer have a pond available to him. All of our females ducks are gone and it is just him left. He does well as an inside pet duck. He is very affectionate to our dogs and cats and is quite happy to lay on his bed next to the dogs by the fireplace. I would like to see him go to a home were he is able to have a "duck family". I am sad to give him up but think he will be happier in the long run. I am located in Maine and willing to drive to deliver him within reason. I WILL NOT ship him though, he must be picked or dropped off. Serious inquires message me!

Hello all,

I have a male Buff Orpington duck that I am looking to place in a good home. He is a very sweet boy. We have moved to a new house and no longer have a pond available to him. All of our females ducks are gone and it is just him left. He does well as an inside pet duck. He is very affectionate to our dogs and cats and is quite happy to lay on his bed next to the dogs by the fireplace. I would like to see him go to a home were he is able to have a "duck family". I am sad to give him up but think he will be happier in the long run. I am located in Maine and willing to drive to deliver him within reason. I WILL NOT ship him though, he must be picked or dropped off. Serious inquires message me!

He's a lovely boy I hope you can find him a great home.

Such an adorable boy!
Are you looking to place him as a house duck? I would think that if not, it might be tough to rehome him right now. I am in ME too and it is sooooo cold and snowy. If you abruptly put him outside that might not be good for him as he is acclimated to living indoors. Just a thought..................................and.....
welcome-byc.gif

He has been an outside duck in the past with other ducks. We were not able to find a home for him before we moved and because it is so very cold we have kept him inside. He enjoys company and doesn't do well alone (even with a mirror). Dog and human companions seem to be an exceptable replacement for his duck family. I am finding that because he is a male and doesn't technically have a "purpose"(I.e. lay eggs) we are having trouble finding a nice home for him. Amiga, I will try the rehomeing forum. Thanks for the info!

That's a good point Amiga. Too bad I am so nervous about introducing a second drake, or I'd take him in a heartbeat. But we have a pretty calm flock and I am not sure how easily he would integrate. If I had the room, I would divide up the flock and each boy would have their own, but I don't think it is possible, but, hmmmm, let me give it some thought. Might be tough this time of year though because I cannot put up any fencing....................
ErinLC where in Maine are you?

We are in between Augusta and Portland. We have had several other drakes and females with him in the past. He didn't seem to be aggressive. He is pretty calm and sweet. He has always been pretty much outside and in a heated kennel prior to this winter so his human affection is slowly coming around. He is so affectionate it all of our dogs. We have 2 labs, 2 poodles and 6 cats. He seems to adapt pretty well. I feel he needs a nice place to have affection of other ducks along with people and we are just not set up right now for more ducks. We love him dearly and want him to be happy.

Back
Top Bottom