Male button quail chasing female

quail39572

Chirping
Jan 2, 2019
Virginia
Hi there,

I wasn't able to upload a video, but I have two male button quails that have been chasing after one of the female quails today. One of them (the original chasing quail, before the other one joined in) seemed to be attempting to peck at her. My quails, most likely two males and three females, are a little over 5 weeks old. Does this seem like mating behaviour that is unrequited or does this seem like territorial/aggressive behaviour?

For safe measure I've separated their cage temporarily into two sections, one with the two males and a female they don't seem to be interested in and are not bothering, and one with the female that was being chased along with my other female.

Thanks!

BReeder!

Free Ranging
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
Hi there,

I wasn't able to upload a video, but I have two male button quails that have been chasing after one of the female quails today. One of them (the original chasing quail, before the other one joined in) seemed to be attempting to peck at her. My quails, most likely two males and three females, are a little over 5 weeks old. Does this seem like mating behaviour that is unrequited or does this seem like territorial/aggressive behaviour?

For safe measure I've separated their cage temporarily into two sections, one with the two males and a female they don't seem to be interested in and are not bothering, and one with the female that was being chased along with my other female.

Thanks!
images

:lau:gig:lau:gig:lau:gig

Top Bottom