male button quail together~question

Discussion in 'Quail' started by xchairity_casex, Oct 6, 2011.

1. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    i have a question a women got ahold of me she bought a pair of button quail from the lady whoi took her last bachelor male from. well this women got a hold of me mistaking me for this other lady to tell me her female button has suddenly passed away and was wondering what she should do. well i have 21 birds right now with a single bachelor male but an even amount of females to males so i cant give her a female BUT could i give her a male for her male so it atleast wont be alone or will they fight eachother since they did not grow up together and this other male has already had a mate? what advice should i give this women?

2. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    i don't know if i would just toss him in there...there have been cases where 2 male buttons live very happy together..much like people

where is quaillady or shelly at <_<

3. xchairity_casex

Feb 5, 2011
    well thanks anyways! im still unsure of what i should do if anything at all or what dvice i can give her

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I would wait until you get either a female for her or recommend someone else with a female. If the male has been used to a female, I would think he will need another of the opposite sex.

5. xchairity_casex

Feb 5, 2011
    ok thank you i will let her know unfortunatly theres rarely if ever other buttons for sale around her and im short a female myself but dont really want to hatch anymore chicks and end up with more pairs and some more lone birds since i have 21 birds all together and have not so far found good enough homes for them. a few people wanted just a single bird i said no a few people wanted 2 females one male i said no a one person wanted to put a pair with her 4 males she hatched herself i said no one person wanted a pair to use to train there puppy to hunt i said no one person wanted to put them out in the barn i said no so untill i can find good homes for the ones ive already got im not going to hatch anymore

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by