Male/Female ratio? (Pekins)

Males vs females?

• Total voters

chemwhizzz47

Chirping
Jul 31, 2018
I think the big one is a male for sure, but I'm not so sure about the other 3. I want to keep only one male out of the four, so I'm having to make some decisions as they get closer to laying age. Any help, advice, or anecdotes are appreciated in advance!
Screenshot_20181029-150822_Gallery.jpg

What do they sound like? beauty part of pekin is the voice tells all. I had a 1/2 doz and when they were little(we house raised them, yes we are crazy lol) and my pool brooder starting getting super quacky...

Only 1 drake, rest females... all quacking their little brains out.

It's hard to tell not being able to see all their tails, But I do see that one of your 4 has the classic drake feather that curls on their tails. I would listen to their voices too, The females will have a louder quack meanwhile the drakes will have a more quiet and raspy voice.

How old are they?
They appear old enough to voice sex. That would be the best way to know for sure since they are still young. You can pull up some good youtube videos with sound to help you out.

Their voices have become far more distinctive in the last few weeks. I believe we have one male and 3 females as best I've been able to tell by size, voice, and beginnings of a single drake feather. Thank you all for your input, and I'm just really happy to avoid a cull my first year. Much love and light!

Their voices have become far more distinctive in the last few weeks. I believe we have one male and 3 females as best I've been able to tell by size, voice, and beginnings of a single drake feather. Thank you all for your input, and I'm just really happy to avoid a cull my first year. Much love and light!
I think you got the perfect set! I have 3 females and 1 male. There is never over mating and all see good over here with that set! I can tell when he would rather go for one female over the other, but you know...that is just ducks!

Back
Top Bottom