Male Guineas looking for a home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Must Be Losing It, May 7, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    My male guineas are driving me insane w/ their maleness. They fight and fight and fight because I have three boys and three girls and apparently that's too many boys for them to be able to play nice.

I have a young grey pearl who will be a year old in July. If you're interested, please PM me. I'm in southern Worcester County Mass and would deliver him with food and a smile.

Julie

2. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Hi Julie,

I would take him but I only have the one male now and yes they can be pushy. He sometimes will try and fight with my rooster but it does not go anywhere. I had two females to go with him but last spring they decided to lay nests out in the woods, I could hear them but no way could I find them in all the prickers. Needless to say something got them and only the male is left who thinks he is now a chicken. My daughter said please do not get anymore....lol I said why he is an excellent watchdog! I will ask around for you,,,are you only looking to place one?

3. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    Hi,

I don't think a male and a male would be a good combination based on the problems I have. Now a girl and boy, that's a different story. Especially this time of year.

But if you know of anyone looking for a nice male, please let me know. He's very nice, not violent, has never attacked anyone other than my other male.

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by