Male Melanistic Pheasants - IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chseeads, Jan 11, 2010.

1. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I need a thin a couple melanistic roosters out of my flock, they've been fighting some, picking on one guy particularly.

Located in the Bloomington, IN area. Pickup. $12 each.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I saw you on CL .. Hey Neighbor [​IMG] Wish i had appropraitte enclosure I would take a few off your hands

3. chseeads

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Yep, that's me. Hehe. [​IMG]

I wish you did too. lol

I hate to get rid of them cause they're pretty...but if they're gonna beat each other up, that defeats the pretty purpose. lol I have 4 males, and 3 of them seem to be fine with each other, but one poor guy is their whipping boy that they all like to kick his rear. [​IMG]

So, I wanna go ahead and get rid of a couple. From what I read, a single male can handle 8-10 hens, and I have 12 hens......so....

4. whiterooster

whiterooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2009
    westmichigan
    Hey, would you be willing to ship to Michigan i live in Muskegon. That is really a pretty bird. I could use him. He's better looking than mine. Or sell me some eggs when your hens start
    laying. Do you have any pictures of your hens. I think that the melanistic hens are the best looking i have. I have Amherst, Red golden, Yellow golden, and silvers. Randy

5. chseeads

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I'm reluctant to ship birds. Maybe I'll get brave one of these days though....lol

Maybe we can do an egg deal though when my ladies start laying!

I have talked to one guy (I put em on Craigslist too) that I think wants one...and have someone else asking about them too.... Still trying to kind of get the ducks...er..pheasants in a row with everybody on details..... I've got the one guy that the others were beating up on separated out by himself, cause they were giving him a majorly hard way to go. Had feathers picked off his neck and a big skinned place there where they bit him. Eek. He's doing good though.

But yeah, keep in touch with me about eggs.

Here's some more pics, including the females....these were from a couple months ago. They've grown a tad bit since then I think...roosters tails are longer than in the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by