Male Models: Headshots of the three young men in my flock.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Criskin, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Today I combined two of my favorite things- my camera and my flock- and decided to take some pictures on this wonderfully cold day. These are three of my favorites. I had to send most of my cockerels to freezer camp last week but these three guys made the cut and will live out their (hopefully) long lives hanging out with the ladies and enjoying the sun along with my main rooster, Fezziwig. Introducing:

[​IMG]
    King Louis the Buff Orpington. He is the calmest, friendliest cockerel I've ever owned.

[​IMG]
    This is Theodore the Speckled Sussex/? He should be stewing in my crock pot right now but he has always been the friendliest, most curious guy in the flock so when culling time came, although he went in the pen with the rest of the "doomed" roosters, he looked me in the eye and I had to let him go.

[​IMG]
    Robin Redbreast the Speckled Sussex/Lavender Orpington. You can't tell from the pic but he is HUGE! He's already bigger than his father and he is still a good month shy of being 20 weeks old.

2. nova022

nova022 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Very handsome fellows and great pics.

3. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    What beautiful roosters. We have a pen like that, too. Except the doomed roosters get shot in the pen, instead. It always makes me sad. I love your boys. Especially Theodore.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Glad theo got a reprieve ...he's cute. I love chickens who look me in the face.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

x2

7. GoldenSparrow

GoldenSparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Great pics I really like the 3rd

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by