male or femail ???????? HELP PLEASE UPDATEWITHPICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickchicks, Oct 11, 2011.

1. chickchicks

chickchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    hello i need help identifying male or female ( tbh i think im in denial on the males!)

please see below some phontos of them a few weeks ago ---- i WILL post the new ones i took today of them when i find the lead for thephone shoulntt ake me too long

thank you

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my problem is i cannot keep males as the neighbours wontlike it - i live in a street fullof other people [​IMG](((

two ( hence the denial) just started to make fog horn noises can females do this ?

they arew now9 Weeks old

thank you

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Well, the pics. are pretty small to be able to tell gender. Do they have pointy feathers around the neck and in front of the tail? Not sure about "fog horn noises", but young roos definately sound funny when they start to crow----almost like they're being strangled. I don't think pullets make any noise similair. I know how you must feel if they're roos----I had 10 chicks hatch several weeks ago, and at least half are roos----that's just how it goes.

3. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    nks for the reply

i know the pictures are small im trying to get better ones uploaded now just taking time i am not thebest with any technology [​IMG]

i an still hoping that the little ones are just making noises toexercise there vocals for the future use on things and nottrying to crow they cound strange .

i as hoping nugget the buff BO would be a girl as nugget comes when called and sits on your lap and loves attention.

4. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    My two femae friesians honk like geese. It's quite embarrassing. I promise they're not a cross species!

5. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    [​IMG] - zelda

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] - dotty /dartagnion?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hope these are better pictures i took these ones this morning

thank you

6. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    roo, hen, roo

7. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    Quote:really ?

that supprises me [​IMG]

the top one that is as that is the nice quiet one that does nothin all day long !

the other two fight constantly and started making the so called fog horn noises that started yesterday:mad:
    - im not sure id call it the strangled cat noise that some describe as the start of the crowing buthten again i have no idea on this its all new !!!!

8. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    IMO but they all three look like roos [​IMG]

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:I think so too... Especially given their age as 9 weeks.

10. chickchicks

Jul 28, 2011
    warrington uk
    thank you

anything helps

never thought of thefirst one as a roo before!

its my first time with chicks so i am not entirly sure what to look out for or what signs

the bottom two i guessed as roos as they are always fighting each other andthe black and white oneis nasty!

the buff BO i always wanted to be a girl as it comes when called and has to follow you everywhere and sit on your lap itscute so i ama littledevistated at this being a boy

the first one however is timid doesnot fight and still sticks to mum and does not go anyfurther that the mums shadow!!!!

what a bummer if there all males i cant keep them the neighbourd would hate me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by