Male or female auto sexing Cream Leghorn

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HardizzlesFlock, Mar 10, 2014.

1. HardizzlesFlock

HardizzlesFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2013
    South-East Washington
    [​IMG][/IMG]

The fluffed up chick in the picture is a Cream Legbar. I know they are auto sexing but I don't know what gender. Can somebody help?

2. hope4rainbow

hope4rainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Boys have a head dot if I remember correctly.

3. remme

remme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Looks like a pullet but they have to dry up a but more before you can tell.

Females have very distinct "CHIPMUNK-ing" meaning they have a thick dark brown stripe down the center of the back with distinct light stripes on either side. They also have a very obvious brown head with light stripes over their eyes.

In the males, the stripes are much more muted meaning they aren't as defined as the females and the brown is more a grey than a red.

From your picture it looks like a female but you have to give them another day or two to feather out. Google images has a ton of pictures comparing the two. Hope this was helpful.

4. HardizzlesFlock

Dec 31, 2013
    South-East Washington
    I had 7 chicks hatch. 3 were Cream Leghorns, 3 Were Blue laced red Wyandottes, and 1 was a rhodebar. I cant really tell which is which. I have like 4 chipmunk striped ones. 2 greyish yellowish ones and 1 more yellow than grey. One of the chipmunks is a reddish color so im thinking that one is a Female Rhodebar. What are the blueish ones?

5. HardizzlesFlock

Dec 31, 2013
    South-East Washington
    BUMP

6. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    You BLRW will have rose combs, and will have the blue-grey/yellow coloration. The rose comb will look like a tiny horseshoe oriented so the luck runs down the bill.

The other breeds are single combs, and will look like the usual tiny ridge or even picket fence going up the head.

You've gotten good info on the Rhodebar vs. Cream Legbar, which I concur with. Here's a link for visual comparison:
    http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGA/Auto/BRKAutosex.html

Lady of McCamley

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by