1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Male or Female? (Description on How My Cochin Chick Behaves)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WildCochinReba, May 19, 2016.

1. WildCochinReba

WildCochinReba Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2016
    [​IMG]
    He/she is a around a month old, doesn't have a comb yet, no spurs, unlike my yellow Cochin he/she completely ignores the new Silkie chick, docile, lays down more then my yellow Cochin, pecks my clothes and determined to peck my face (which I have learned not to let near my face), he/she is bigger and has more feathers then my yellow Cochin, chirps but is not loud, is the leader of the yellow Cochin, and is not aggressive when comes to food and treats. These are the signs and hope it can determine what gender this chick is. Oh, and both Cochins are the same age but the yellow one is a Giant and the one in the photo is a ordinary black Cochin. I'm really hoping it's not a roo. Thanks![​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    It looks like a pullet at this point, but its still very young. I'm usually pretty sure of who's who on mine when they're around 7-9 weeks old.

3. WildCochinReba

WildCochinReba Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2016
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by