1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Male or female EE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickiegrrl, Nov 12, 2013.

1. chickiegrrl

chickiegrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    Monticello, MN
    "She" is 28 weeks old. Her flock mates have been laying eggs for several weeks. She hasn't shown any real rooish signs, other than not laying. We're hoping she's a she. Tell us some good news! My husband says she's lazy, but I don't care. I'll take a lazy Tilly over the alternative.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Female. EE are known to be late layers. Hang in there a little bit longer!

3. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Wow she's BEAUTIFUL! Yep, they are notorious for starting late. My girls from the hatchery didn't start laying until 26-30 weeks.

She just wants to make sure you appreciate those pretty eggs!;)

4. chickiegrrl

May 20, 2013
    Monticello, MN
    Thank you both, great news! Tilly is such a sweet pumpkin. I was going to cry if we had to get rid of her. We can't have roos. I just love her coloring and her beard and muffs!

5. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with the others, she is a pretty EE pullet! My Easter Eggers were one of the last to lay eggs as well. :)

6. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Very pretty EE pullet!

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

She's going to start laying soon looking at the comb. Very pretty girl!

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    Definitely a pullet. Hang in there, I've had some EEs wait until 30 weeks to lay their first eggs.

9. chickiegrrl

May 20, 2013
    Monticello, MN
    Thanks so much, everyone, for the complements on Tilly and the egg laying support. I just started to worry because our other girls have been laying for so long! Tilly is my favorite girl. But I don't tell the other girls that. She has a personality that matches her looks, sweet and cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by