Male or female light brahma?

MorganB

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
Texas

I have two light brahmas, both are supposed to be about 15 weeks old. I think the one pictured above is a rooster, but I'm not positive. I haven't heard any crowing as of yet. I also have a silkie rooster, age unknown, that is crowing.

This is the other. It's smaller and has a lighter comb. I'm pretty sure this one is a hen. This is my first time owning chickens.

BantamLover21

Crowing
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
The first one is definitely a rooster, and I think the second one is, too. But you may not know for sure until it crows or lays.

MorganB

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 2, 2014
Texas

Here are some better pictures of the first one. My initial fears of it being a rooster stemmed from the fact that they're both supposed to be the same age, but they look very different. I'd be disappointed if it is a rooster, but I don't plan on giving it away cause it's a super sweet little chicken.

MurphChick

In the Brooder
Jun 10, 2019
How can you tell? Is it the waddle, or is the comb much darker? I have 3 Light Brahmas and can't decide male or female. One definitely has darker color comb and larger waddles, but no one is crowing yet. They are about 3 1/2 months old....

Latest posts

Top Bottom