Male or Female MUTTS??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NC29mom, Aug 21, 2010.

1. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    I have several mutts that are really tricking me. Please HELP!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #1 Big Orange ?? Doesn't crow like a rooster - makes a "honking" sound like a duck!!!!

[​IMG]
    How about these 2? (white and orange - the other orange one is the one in the first 2 pictures)

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure this white one (also pictured above) is a ROOOOO!

THese little boogers are quick, hard to get pictures! They will eat my treats and then RUN!

2. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Im a bit confused about pics, not sure if they same chickens or different.. but here goes lol

Pic 1# Roo
    Pic 2# Roo
    Pic 3# Orange Pullet... White Roo
    Pic 4# ?? looks like Roo

I would not take my word as im not that great at it, maybe someone else will help [​IMG]

3. NC29mom

NC29mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Scotland Neck, NC
    Quote:Yes, it can be confusing, there are actually 7 chickens in the coop!! The main ones I wanted to know about were the big orange chicken in pict #1 & 2, and the white looking rooster in #3 & 4.

I think you are exactly right, just what i was thinking. Just wondering why the big orange one honks like a duck??

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    I agree that the two in question both look like roos.

Sandie

5. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Hmmmm honking like a duck??

I can only figure that he is just getting his voice, but its coming out a little bit wrong at the minute, im sure it wont be long before he gets the hang of it... my little polish cockeral opens his beak to crow but all that comes out is a wheeze lol... he is only 15 weeks old at the minute. Im sure your cockeral after a little bit more practice, will have crowing down to a tee [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by