Male or female peafowl?

Ardoynechickies

Hatching
Sep 24, 2015
Hello, everyone! My husband brought home 3 baby peafowl about 2 months ago. So they are about 10 weeks old. I am hoping someone will be able to tell me if they are male or female. We named them Huey, Dewey and Louie thinking they are boys but I am still not certain. They all have the burnt orange lower wings and the black "scaling" of the upper back but the color of the feathers coming in on the back of their necks looks more green than blue. Can anyone help? Boys or girls?

You can tell by the feather color on its back, male is yellow and barred, female is grey, when the peachicks are 3 month old. Post a pic, the left is male, right is female.

Hello, everyone! My husband brought home 3 baby peafowl about 2 months ago. So they are about 10 weeks old. I am hoping someone will be able to tell me if they are male or female. We named them Huey, Dewey and Louie thinking they are boys but I am still not certain. They all have the burnt orange lower wings and the black "scaling" of the upper back but the color of the feathers coming in on the back of their necks looks more green than blue. Can anyone help? Boys or girls?

All are males. Easiest way to sex them is that barring on the shoulder. If they were hens it would be a solid brown wing.
3 week olds, male up front, female in back.

10 week old Indian Blue male

All are males. Easiest way to sex them is that barring on the shoulder. If they were hens it would be a solid brown wing.
3 week olds, male up front, female in back.

10 week old Indian Blue male
Hlo I have a peafowl of about 1 year old but still I am confused about its gender. Some say its female some say its male. Plzz help me out. Can u please say how much time it requires for a male peafowl to develop its coloured feathers??

Hlo I have a peafowl of about 1 year old but still I am confused about its gender. Some say its female some say its male. Plzz help me out. Can u please say how much time it requires for a male peafowl to develop its coloured feathers??

Attachments

• IMG-20180531-WA0020.jpg
    IMG-20180531-WA0020.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom