Male or female Sebright mix

Roxas13

Chirping
Sep 7, 2020
I hatched 3 of my own bantam chicks about 5 weeks ago and for two of them, I'm pretty certain they're girls, but I'm a bit concerned that the last one is a boy. I'm guessing it's a sebright-silver OEGB mix, both of the parents I got from tractor supply's chick days. Dad was the sebright and mom was the OEGB. Pics below, I made sure to get a good view of the comb. I've been looking for info on bantam mixes for a while, so if anyone has any insight, please let me know what you think! Thank you!!
20211216_210026.jpg
20211216_210110.jpg

I'd expect brighter red for a 5 week old cockerel. That comb is pretty substantial though. Update in two weeks.

It's been a bit longer than two weeks, but the little one is definitely a boy. The comb is a lot bigger and more red and he's started to do some practice crowing while standing on their waterer. This picture was taken today, they'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow.
20220101_164809.jpg

It's been a bit longer than two weeks, but the little one is definitely a boy. The comb is a lot bigger and more red and he's started to do some practice crowing while standing on their waterer. This picture was taken today, they'll be 7 weeks old tomorrow. View attachment 2946952
He is cute! Definitely a boy as you've witnessed.

Back
Top Bottom